Arjan Molenaar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a blog on how I package my Python+gtk application for OS X.
>
> http://blog.xebia.com/2011/03/31/bundling-a-python-application-on-mac-os-x-with-virtualenv/
>
> Use it to your advantage ;)

This is the same approach as used by "ige-mac-bundler":
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Bundle
And same is used on Windows (one GTK per application),
if reading on http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

We went for a different approach, since we had a lot
of small python programs all using pygobject/pygtk...
(so bundling Python and PyGTK with each one would add
a lot of overhead, especially for the generated ones)

So instead we use the system #!/usr/bin/python with a
_single_ installation of gtk+ and pygtk in /opt/gtk...
Using the Quartz version, rather than the X11 version.
More details at http://0install.net/install-mac.html

Used to have Homebrew too, but since _all_ python modules
are refused* upstream (in "master") it was removed again.
* see https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/issue/1612
And of course homebrew didn't offer any packages anyway...

--anders