On 7 May 2011 03:24, Neil Muller <drnlmuller+...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 May 2011 21:07, Jason Heeris <jason.hee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Storing the object in a hidden column is fine, and what I assumed you
> were doing originally.

Hah! Okay then, now that it's morning, I can't believe that didn't
occur to me :P

While we're on the topic though, it strikes me as more sensible to
simply put the objects themselves in a ListStore without manually
extracting the information for the other columns (ie. so the ListStore
just contains one column, which is displayed in different ways). Is
there a way to tell each TreeViewColumn to, say, "look at column zero,
take the x.fit.param_A attribute, format it using "0x%03X and display
it in a CellRendererText" — and then so on for each attribute, each
describing to a different view of the same column?

Cheers,
Jason