I'm using Python 2.6 and PyGTK 2.22.6 from the all-in-one installer on
Windows XP. I'm slowly making progress building a single-file
executable (via py2exe) for my app, and I've gotten to the point where
I need to know more about bundling up the GTK resources.

Specifically, when I run my app as normal (ie. not built into an .exe
file, just as a loose collection of .py files), it uses the
native-looking Windows theme, but when I run the built exe I see the
default GTK theme. I also haven't even considered how my app will fare
on a "clean" PC (ie. one with no existing Python or GTK installation).

I have read the FAQ entry for this[1] but it's quite localised and
probably a bit dated. I know *how* to bundle the resources (the
"data_files" option to "setup()"), so my starting questions are
basically:

1. Ideally, I'd like to be able to programmatically find the GTK
runtime rather than hard-coding paths like "C:\GTK\lib", etc (if that
even is the right path). How do I do this?

2. What are the resources I need to include?

Cheers,
Jason