This isn't specifically related to Gtk / PyGtk, but since I'm using
PyGTK I thought I'd ask it here [it just relates generally to UI
design].

If I have a layout that contains widgets [which are rectangles]
detecting with widgets overlap isn't that hard.  But is there a
generally accepted scheme / algorthym for redistributing the widgets in
such a fashion that they no longer overlap and 'feels' intuitive?  I've
seen this behavior in a couple of applications and am curious if ther is
anything like a 'standard' approach to this issue? [relevant links?]

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>