Dear List:

I am trying to display some hierarchical data.  My thought would be to
use the treeview.  However, the problem I run into is that I would need
to "pad" the data in each row to fit the underlying treemodel.

I would like to display the data in a format similar to that in this
spreadsheet -->
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/weibullguy/?action=view&current=layout_example.png

Such that the Level 0 data is only in the first column,  The Level 1
data is in the next row, but only in columns 1-3, etc.  For each level,
there may be multiple child rows.  It would be nice if the unused
columns in each row could be gray as in the picture above, but this is
aesthetics and not strictly necessary.

I've Googled things such as "pygtk treeview span multiple columns", but
nothing came back that I found useful.

If everything were string data, the "padding" option might be OK.  But,
the data being displayed is a mixture of string, integer, and float
data.  Worse case I could do type conversions to load the data and then
do the opposite when I saved it back to the database.

I'd appreciate any pointers anyone might have.

TIA,

Andrew

--
Andrew Rowland
<darowland AT ieee DOT org>

Please do not send me MS Office files if possible.
They are a proprietary format and do not conform to
internationally recognized standards.  They are
difficult to deal with and problematic to use.