Hi,

I hope this is the right list for PyGObject?
(If not, please ignore the rest and tell me what the right one is!)

I want to use PyGObject to create some GUI applications using Python 3.1
and Gtk 3.

And I want to test the applications against Python 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, ... on
Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.

On the plus side, Fedora 16 and Ubuntu 11 both provide packages for
Python 3.2 + PyGObject + Gtk 3, so I can create the applications.

I have locally built and installed versions of Python 3.1, 3.2 (and soon
3.3), but have not been able to install PyGObject with any of them. Has
anyone done this who can point me to or provide (simple!) instructions?

I tried using jhbuild as per http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject It
wouldn't build gnome-doc-utils so I told it to skip that; but it also
failed to build glib so there was no point in continuing. Strangly it
looked like a Python 2 vs. Python 3 problem.

Also, there only seem to be Windows binaries for Python 2 (and they are
all a year old); and none for Python 3. At least not where I looked:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygobject/2.28/

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy