On my home laptop it also works fine (lubuntu 1204 64bit running but also
gnome-shell installed).
I did check only for *gir1.2-gtk-3.0* at my work pc (clean lubuntu 1204 64
bit), so I have to check for *python-gobject* too, many thanks.
Strange that the demo didn't give any feedback to the terminal anyway about
the missing package, just never called the draw event.
Regards,
Giuseppe.