On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 13:35 +0200, Hugo Teso wrote:
> Thanks for the instructions, It works great ;) Nice job!

Thanks

> Do you plan to add support for "note" resize by dragging the corner?

Yes.  I want a generic container widget [aka CanvasWidget] that can be
placed on the managed layout [aka WidgetCanvas].  I hope to add drag
handles and resize handles;  as well as letting the widget resize due to
content.

Ultimately I also want to add collision detection so widgets at least
know if they are overlapping another widget so WidgetCanvas can
optionally do-push-aside.  What I want is a canvas like the one used in
[the sadly now moribund] KBasket <http://basket.kde.org/index.php>.
Also similar to the behavior of M$-OneNote; so each of my projects can
have a tab in a notebook where I can pin items, drag them around, make
notes, etc...

I'm not sure I'm doing this properly - but I'm getting close to
something that is working.  For example; I'm not sure if WidgetCanvas /
CanvasWidget should descend from gtk.Widget somehow or be gobject
objects or just remain 'wrappers'.   I've not been able to lure any
interest from any gtk-powers-that-be for advice so this is just stitched
together from the documentation and examples.

> To move the widget by dragging it is something I was looking for, but it
> would also be great to be able to resize the widget by dragging the
> corner :)

Agree.  Patches very welcome  - perhaps we can collaborate on this
generic piece.  I'd hope to make it something abstract enough to be of
general use.

FYI, you might also want to look at the code of etk.docking
<https://github.com/dieterv/etk.docking/>