Here's one. I'm using PyGTK 2.24 with gstreamer 0.10.36. Whenever gstreamer
reports an error on my playbin2's message bus I display the error in a
gtk.MessageDialog. This causes the app to deadlock unless I use a context
manager with gtk.gdk.lock. At first I suspected a threading issue, but
according to the gstreamer docs messages on the bus are emitted from the
main thread so I don't see how threading could be an issue. Nevertheless, I
verified this by retrieving the thread ids with libc via ctypes and they're
identical. Here's a minimal example of an app that demonstrates the issue:
http://pastebin.com/b4VTGy9q.

Any ideas of an obvious issue I'm overlooking? I'd greatly appreciate any
input. Cheers!