Op 15-04-13 10:38, Genghis Khan schreef:
Hello,

How is it possible to detect alignment of currently in-use gtk20.mo
without directly probing gtk20.mo with msgunfmt for "default:RTL"?

I have seen the following but I am not sure if it is applied to PyGTK,
and I am also not sure it is relevant.
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.4/GtkEntry.html#gtk-entry-get-alignment

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I'm guessing you're searching for the default text direction, right? If not, specify your question.

This should do it:

>>> from gi.repository import Gtk
>>> Gtk.Widget.get_default_direction() == Gtk.TextDirection.LTR
True
>>> Gtk.Widget.set_default_direction(Gtk.TextDirection.RTL)
>>> button = Gtk.Button("Just for testing")
>>> button.get_direction() == Gtk.TextDirection.RTL
True

Timo

Regards,
--GK.