I'm sorry, I just find the pyinstaller "hooks" mechanism completely opaque.
I can just about understand the TOC format and how it feeds  into the
analyze and collect phases, but how and where the hooks fit in, and what
their syntax is supposed to be -- I just don't get it.

I'm going to explore other ways of providing spellcheck to my app than
enchant, which is clearly not a good way to go. Not only because
pyinstaller can't handle it, but also because it is using myspell instead
of hunspell, and other issues.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Cortesi