I'm working on a fork which (hopefully) does a better job of supporting
non-python files in __file__. With this system, the hooks become fairly
simple; here's an example for the sphinx package:
# hook-sphinx.py
from hookutils import get_mods, get_data_files
package_name = 'sphinx'
hiddenimports = get_mods(package_name)
datas = get_data_files(package_name)

The fork is at https://github.com/bjones1/pyinstaller.

Bryan

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Puzzlet Chung <puzz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to package a script for Windows, but the executable failed to
> start.  The thing is, the script imports idlelib (IDLE) , and idlelib
> requires four of config-*.def files to be in the idlelib directory.
>
> I've tried to make a hook for myself, but didn't manage to get it working.
>  So far I've come up with something like this:
>
> datas = [('idlelib/*.def', 'idlelib')]
>
> Two questions:
>
> - How do you give the correct paths of the data files, (like
> 'idlelib/*.def',) when I'm running PyInstaller from Windows?
>
> - idlelib looks for the config files from os.path.dirname(__file__). Shall
> I make a run-time hook (and _MEI packaging) to work around this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi state, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)