All,

When freezing an app for Windows that searches for the imports plug-in
modules at run time, I noticed that pkgutil.iter_modules from the Python
standard library returned an empty tuple, while running it un-frozen
returned a populated tuple. Should I work this up into a more formal bug
report / test case, or is this an area of the standard library that
PyInstaller can't / won't support?

On a related side note, PyQt4 code
(C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\objcreator.py line 73) attempts to
do something similar (dynamically discover modules), which also fails when
frozen. IMHO, PyInstaller can't support this case, since PyQt4 is using
os.listdir on .py files, which when frozen get packing into an archive.
Therefore, PyQt4.uic.loadUi files for these dynamically-loaded widgets
(phonon, qaxcontainer, qscintilla, qtdeclarative, qtwebkit, and qwt).

Bryan
--
Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)