It is more as a month ago that you have posted this, so
I thought maybe now is the time to try it out.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get the program running.

uname -a
Linux Jessica 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Mar 26 01:08:11 UTC 2009 i686
GNU/Linux
(Debian Testing)

python --version
Python 2.5.4

$..kap/kap$ python kap.py
Media Library Thread Started
Kap version 0.2.0cvs Copyright (C) 2009 John Schneiderman
Kap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details,
or the Free Software Foundation's GPL.

Song database could not be opened: [Errno 2] Bestand of map bestaat
niet: './media_library.dat'
Player Thread Started
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "kap.py", line 716, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "kap.py", line 709, in main
    kap = Kap(None, wx.ID_ANY, sfCnfgPrsrKap)
  File "kap.py", line 129, in __init__
    self.__createControls()
  File "kap.py", line 274, in __createControls
    volume=self.__volumeLevel)
  File "/home/floris/Downloads/kap/kap/playerwindow.py", line 63, in
__init__
    self.__doLayout()
  File "/home/floris/Downloads/kap/kap/playerwindow.py", line 114, in
__doLayout
    self.__bxSzrTrackTime.AddSpacer(5)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
11832, in AddSpacer
    return self.Add(*args, **kw)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
11711, in Add
    return _core_.Sizer_Add(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: wx.Window, wx.Sizer, wx.Size, or (w,h) expected for item

Maybe I miss some packages or is there another problem?

I hope you can help,

floris