On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 01:00:06PM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I managed to get the latest snapshot to compile, and it can run simple
> examples, like tut1.py. But eric, for instance, still segfaults as soon as I
> try to open a file.
>
> I should have saved an earlier version of PyQt so I could at least use my
> apps...

Ingo is right, you should have some conflict between Qt, sip, sip modules
modules in your Python library directory and PyQt modules. Eric runs as do
my own apps.

I have no problems on Mandrake-8.2 and Linux from Scratch (my own Qt-3.0.5
installation).

Try to remove all sip/PyQt modules (libraries and *.py* files) from
your python2.2/lib/site-packages directory and install again (maybe
your latest Qt is not complete, meaning that older stuff does not
get overwritten by the build process).

Gerard