> For those interested I've added a SIP Roadmap to the website at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/sip/roadmap.php which describes the main
> objectives and features for SIP v4.
>
> Comments welcome.

As author of PyQwt, an extension package that I support also on Qt-230-NC,
I have the following comments:

(1) wrt the obeying to the Python API export rules. This also facilitates
the link step on other platforms than MacOS/X: under current scheme this is
a minor problem on Posix systems, but on Windows, it means rebuilding
PyQt-NC and sip-NC to rebuild the necessary *.exp and *.lib. Great!

(2) wrt to the limitation to Qt >= 3.0.0. This will make it more difficult
for me to keep PyQwt compatible with Windows (I have no commercial version
for Qt, neither for PyQt). Let me point out that I know of at least 2
companies with a commercial license for PyQt that are also using PyQwt.

>From a more general point of view:

(3) Using the new-style Python-2.2 classes allows to map a C++ inheritance
tree to Python (I have played with this, writing a wrapper for Fltk by
hand).
This is a great step forward for sip, also as a wrapper tool for other
libraries than Qt. In this respect, it would be nice if there is
support for two Python sip extensions modules, "sipQt" and "sip", with
and without Qt support.

In summary, sounds great, but I'd like to keep support for Qt >= 2.3.0.

Gerard