What I want, and what seems to make the most sense to me is for there
to be a default engine which is used when no engine is chosen, and for
users to have to declare an engine the want to be the default.   I
expect most users in a TG2 world filled with html, rss, json, xml,
amf3, and all kinds of other protocols to live in a multi-engine
setup.   So I want to be able to make it easy to configure all your
engines, and easy to choose which one is the default

I the simple case, I don't want users to have to do the list dance to
declare a default engine  And I want it to be done in a standard way
across TG2 and pylons so we don't have to document it as a difference
-- unless there is some compelling reason to make it different.

So, my proposal at the moment is to add a defaul_engine to be setup in
environment.py.   The list can still be there, and can still function
the same way, it's just that rather than get the default from the
first item in the list, we'll get it from default_engine.

Is that a sensible solution, or am I missing something?