On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 10:27 +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 12/9/10 10:26 , Chris McDonough wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 10:24 +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> >> This just caught my eye while reading your mail:

> >> If I remember correctly pyramid uses resource specs everywhere, so
> >> shouldn't that be 'myapp.myconfig:confgure' instead? It would be awkward
> >> if we started to mix zope dottedname style specifiers with pkg_resources
> >> style source specifiers.
> >
> > It handles both without issue.
>
> Even better!

FTR, "myapp.myconfig:configure" isn't a "resource spec" (resource specs
can have directory names in them like "myapp:templates/foo/bar.pt").
It's technically a setuptools global object specifier. Both setuptools
global object specifiers and resource specs do have a colon in common,
but they are different things.  I actually prefer to use the "Zope"
dotted name syntax everywhere (no colons) for this reason, so people
don't get confused.

- C