On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 12:20 -0800, Mike Orr wrote:
> It's a tradition in Pylons to use the Atom REST protocol for model
> objects with add/modify/delete forms. I've been half questioning that
> myself because there's little advantage if all the clients are
> interactive web browsers. But regardless of whether it's been
> oversold, it's the way most Pylons users do their forms, so it needs a
> straightforward migration path. WebHelpers form() helper automatically
> converts the method if it's not POST or GET, and a lot of people will
> be using that and expecting it to be converted back for their routes.

I think that's a different issue than just handling "_method", because
it implies a predefined set of view actions associated with a route.

Various people have been threatening to write a pyramid_restcontroller
thing that emulates Pylons' restcontroller for a while now.

I'm not going to do it myself, because I think it's a fairly poor
pattern (especially for web browser access), and I don't want to
encourage that.

On the other hand, if folks want to do it, it's fine by me (just upload
a pyramid_restcontrollers package to PyPI and document it) but we're
really going to have to move on without things unless people are willing
to get them done in a timely way.

- C