On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 18:42, Tres Seaver wrote:

>>> What event are you referring to?
>>
>> The one published to your listener.
>
> What listener?
>
> I'm using a SessionExtension:
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/orm/interfaces.html#session-events

That probably qualifies for "not being able to change the event code".

> The only way I can think to get request there would be to try and stick it
> on either the model object, or the session object, both of which feel even
> more hacky than getting it from a thread local...

I have very similar code in Kotti that gets hold of the request to set
the owner id:

  https://github.com/dnouri/Kotti/blob/master/kotti/events.py

And I don't feel evil at all.  Though testing it turned out to be
indeed a bit tricky:

  https://github.com/dnouri/Kotti/blob/master/kotti/tests.py#L626

Maybe the docs should be changed to say it's OK if you're working with
a third party API and you know what you're doing.

Daniel

--
Daniel Nouri
http://danielnouri.org