Folks,

With the bless of of our BDFL, Chris M. I am posting a job we have
doing Pyramid development in Los Angeles, California.

Developer (Python and PHP)

We are looking for a talented, OO developer who is smart, gets things
done and works well with
others. You should be prepared to think creatively and handle a wide
array of development
challenges. If you like working in a casual but challenging
environment, please read on:

Your job will consist of:
 * Python development using the Pyramid (Pylons) framework in a Linux
environment.
 * Front-end web development using the latest JavaScript technologies
(jQuery, etc.).
 * All aspects of development, including architecture, documentation,
unit tests and more.
 * Researching and integrating emerging technologies.
 * Creating and implementing new features and concepts.
 * Maintaining legacy PHP sites in the short term.
 * Troubleshooting and bug fixes.

Your technical abilities:
 * 3+ years of recent Object Oriented development experience.
 * 3+ years of Python experience (or you are a Java/Ruby/PHP developer
with a desire and aptitude to learn Python).
 * 3+ years of recent experience with JavaScript, HTML, CSS.
 * 3+ years of working SQL knowledge with MySQL/PostGreSQL/Oracle/MS
SQL.
 * 2+ years of working knowledge of Linux/BSD (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat,
FreeBSD).
 * Working knowledge of modern source control such as Subversion, Git
or Mercurial.

Your Qualities:
 * You readily accept feedback and able to work with all team members
well.
 * You have excellent verbal and written skills, with an easy going
personality.
 * You are an eager learner; we are happy to teach you new skills and
technologies.
 * You have a collaborative work ethic. We do design and code reviews
together.
 * You are aware of your current limitations and are willing to work
to overcome them.

Pluses:
 * Familiarity with ORMs (SQLAlchemy, DjangoORM, Storm, Hibernate,
etc)
 * Familiarity with OO Design Patterns (e.g. Gang of Four)
 * 4 year degree in Computer Science, Math or related field.

Who We Are: http://www.newcars.com/images/cars_intro.swf

Cars.com is a premier leader in the automotive online marketing space.
Located in Santa Monica,
we have a casual, team-focused workplace and a competitive
compensation and benefits package:
 * PPO Health and Dental Insurance plan including flexible spending
plans
 * Matching 401K + Bonus plan
 * Competitive paid vacation and holiday schedule
 * Free coffee, soda, fruit, weekly bagels, and social events.
 * YouTube video link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD7eGoxICw

To apply email your resume to: j...@newcars.com