I also plan on helping port Pyramid to Python 3 as my GSOC project.  You can
check out my application on my blog(jayd3e.com) for more details.  As far as
Paste goes, it has unofficially been decided that we will be going with an
entirely separate HTTP server, as opposed to isolating 'paster serve'.  I
know a few people are in favor of using a wsgi server called WiseGuy(
https://github.com/wsgicabal/wiseguy), there a variety of others as well
though.  'Paster create' is currently being isolated by someone afaik,
forget who.

I personally think that you should choose to port Pyramid as your project,
because we could always use more help for that effort.