Hi everybody,

sorry if this is not the proper place to report waitress problems. I
didn't find a better place but I'll happy to send it somewhere else if
that is more appropiate.

I'm finding intermittent failures when running the waitress test suite
with Python 3.2. The tests located in
waitress/tests/test_functional.py that serve the file
waitress/tests/fixtureapps/groundhog1.jpg occasionally fail. I have
modified the tests suite so when they fail they copy the served file
into a directory under tmp. With this modification I can see the
problem is that the image is not completely served. The tests fail in
this assertion: self.assertEqual(cl, len(response_body)). The served
file's size is smaller than the Content-Length header in the response.

With python 2.6 and python 2.7 this doesn't happen.

If I run this command:

for i in `seq 100`; do tox -e py32 ; done

I got 57 failures on a specific run. If I run it again I got similar
failures but not always the same.

I modified the SubprocessTests.stop_subprocess() method and added a
time.sleep(1) call at the end with the hope to decrease the number of
failures but it didn't help at all.

Can anyone confirm this problem? I'd like to help fixing the bug but
I'm afraid that I'm not very familiar with waitress low level code so
any pointer will be appreciated.

Note: my goal is to package waitress for Fedora/EPEL.

Best regards,

Lorenzo Gil