Does anyone know how / where I can request an alternate licensing
permission ?

I'm trying to create a new Session package that replaces most of beaker
with a dogpile backend.

Dogpile and Beaker both have the BSD license.  pyramid_beaker is under the
bsd-like Agendaless Consulting license ; and I'm retaining a large section
of __init__.py .  I'd prefer (if at all possible) to just use the BSD
license and credit Agendaless/pyramid_beaker