Currently in Pyramid 1.5a2 with the new external routes feature an
exception is raised when an external route is used with
request.route_path(). However this means one cannot loop over a set of
routes (say to make a nav menu) if any of the routes happen to be external.
I know one could use route_url() but I prefer to use URL paths for a couple
reasons. Anyways I think it would be better if request.route_path()
returned a path if possible but returned a fully qualified URL when
returning a path makes no sense (like for external routes) instead of
bailing out with an error, which I can't imagine a case where that is
helpful. Of course I am likely overlooking something, comments anyone?

Sorry if this is a duplicate posting but I can't find the one I posted a
couple days ago.

--
Harvey