Ben Bangert wrote:
> The ;edit member method is a different representation of the message
> resource, one that is setup for being edited. For example, if you
> wanted a test post, you'd add an additional new member method so that
> you could do:
> POST /messages/1;test   -> messages.test()
>
> Or maybe you want to add a preview option to a new member resource, you
> could. Does that help?

Would it be POST /messages/1;preview+edit ? (or preview_edit)  Simply
;preview would also be useful without the edit form.

Also, preview involves changing the form action, which isn't hard but
does require Javascript.

I personally really dislike POST /messages/ meaning create.  It feels
very vague to me.  But anyway, there'd also be a POST
/messages/;preview.  This is what bothers me about it, as there's all
these actions that happen on /messages/ related to new items, as well as
/messages/ has its own set of methods to deal with the collection.  The
collection and new items aren't the same thing.

Also, I don't like "POST /messages", as it also feels vague; better when
an object is always a directory or never a directory.  But eh.  At least
it should be consistent.  But consistent with what?  And can every piece
of content become a collection in its own right?  Then you can never be
sure whether an extra / is called for.

--
Ian Bicking | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://blog.ianbicking.org