Ben Bangert wrote:
POST might be used for simple kinds of updates -- e.g., increment a counter -- or other kinds of control situations. It's not particularly unRESTful IMHO.

I was referring to using a POST against a member resource. Not POST in general. Of course, who knows if the Restafarians would consider WebDAV a RESTful service. The REST religion has many branches, they don't always agree. :)

I believe the guy who coined "REST" was one of the authors of the WebDAV spec. And I think it's a good enough spec. But the use of GET in WebDAV sucks royally, and it's something noticeable in other REST practices too -- they don't leave enough room for UI (aka web applications).

--
Ian Bicking | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://blog.ianbicking.org