On Feb 28, 7:01 pm, "Shannon -jj Behrens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/21/07, wyatt-bC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just started using Elixir (which seems quite nice so far) with
> > Pylons. I was having a bit of trouble getting things set up, but I
> > think I've worked out a decent solution, which I just posted over on
> > the Elixir list. Hopefully it's helpful to someone (or perhaps someone
> > has a better idea).
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sqlelixir/browse_frm/thread/d1477dab58...
>
> If your issue is that you're not really connected to the database in
> models/__init__.py, I talk about the solution here:
>
> http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/wiki/SqlAlchemyWithPylons

I have a similar kind of setup to what you show there (in fact, I
borrowed stuff from it). The problem I was having, basically, was not
understanding how DynamicMetadata works. I thought
elixir.metadata.connect() was connecting to the DB on every request
and that seemed wrong, but it really just associates the engine you
pass to it with Elixir's DynamicMetadata.

__wyatt