David Geller wrote:

> It's a really nice site! Congratulations!

Thanks!

> I'm curious as to what your server configuration finally turned out to
> be. How are you using nginx, and what software are you actually using to
> to run the pylons app?

nginx is basically setup identically to the way the guys at Engine Yard are
doing for Mongrel/Ruby, copying the basic config from
http://brainspl.at/nginx.conf.txt
They are running around 100 instances of nginx and I figured their experience
would be great leverage.
I'm running 3 Pylons instances in place of the load balanced and proxied
Mongrel
clusters in the above config, using egg:Paste#http for each. I added a wiki
page
describing some performance comparisons of various setups a while back -
http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/wiki/PerformanceTests

BTW it is running on an HP380 dual xeon and the performance (when accessed from
Australia at least) is impressing people.

HTH

Robert