On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 12:01:13PM -0700, voltron wrote:
> on trying out some of the tutorials from the routes site, I noticed
> the use of the url_for function crashes the paster server:
>
> AttributeError: 'Mapper' object has no attribute 'url_for'

Do you have example code that results in this error?

> How does one use this function in Pylons?

Usually you use it through the Webhelpers module. E.g.:

    h.url_for(controller='news', action='today')

> Is it all all necessary?

Let's say it's useful. You can use h.url_for(action='foo') which creates
a link to the current controller but to a different controller. I love
it. :)

Christoph...