Hi
> There is a follow up somewhere on this list (sorry, too lazy to track
> it down) that notes that Elixir has its own session context, and as
> far as I can tell, you have to use that one instead of creating one
> through pylons.database. Instead of:
>
>     from pylons.database import session_context
>
> do this:
>
>     import elixir
>     session_context = elixir.objectstore.context
>
> There is probably a way to use a different session context, but this
> seems to work well enough for me for now (in production even).
>
> On a related note, you might be interested in this:
> http://code.google.com/p/restler/.
> If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of
> http://restler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/restler/base.py to the
> `init_model` function, you can see an example setup. Note that even
> though it tries to get a `session_context` from the model before using
> Elixir's builtin one, for now I never  create a `session_context` in
> my model, so I always end up using Elixir's.
>
> HTH,
>
> __wyatt

Thanks for these hints. I tried to apply your technik, just added
del model.session_context.current
in basecontroller.

I ended up with:
#base.py
class BaseController(WSGIController):
    def __call__(self, environ, start_response):
        del model.session_context.current

#models/__init__.py
from pylons.database import create_engine
from elixir import metadata, objectstore

engine = create_engine()
session_context = objectstore.context

def connect():
    metadata.connect(engine)