Hi,

I have a problem about the controller programing.
I have some java programming background, i like to include the
operation code block into a try-except block, so, i do the controller
method like this:

def edit(self, id):
    return_render = None
    try :
        # something for edit and database read or write
        if form_data_format_error:
              # re-show the edit form and show the error message on
the page
              return_render = render_response('edit_template.myt')
        else:
              # write to the database and redirect to the user to the
list
              return_render = redirect_to(action='list')
    except:
        print sys.exc_info()
        return_render = render_response('error_exception.myt')
    return return_render

I know these kind of code has some problem. The redirect_to do not
work correctly.
Can you help me for the correct way to make this work?