Mark Ramm wrote:
> I'd like there to be an entry point for database "engines" (SA, SO,
> DejaVu, or whatever) that offer a very minimal set of functions in a
> database agnostic way.
>
> * connect
> * start_transaction
> * end_transaction
> * rollback

Personally I'd like to see something a bit different:

* Way for a library to get "the" transaction manager.
* Interface for that transaction manager, maybe copied from Zope.
* Single convention for how to specify a database connection (ideally
string-based).
* Probably a way to get "the" configuration, so you can lazily get a
connection based on the configured connection.

The frameworks would setup the transaction manager and configuration,
and database frameworks would basically consume this information.

--
Ian Bicking | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://blog.ianbicking.org