Mike Orr wrote:

> So if i want to use this for all URLs under a certain prefix, I would
> direct the route to my subclass of TurboGearsController, using action
> "route" (always?).

Well, thats the idea.  It needs lots of love and testing, though.

> Line 66 (object_dispatch) returns my TG action method in all its
> decorated glory, line 85 calls it and receives a dict, and line
> 88 calls a special render_response that invokes the template.
> render_response is copying things out of the 'c' variable, so
> templates would use '${foo}' rather than '${c.foo}' for data values.
> Is this right?

Yes.  Most of us TurboGears folks are not big fans of single
character globals that represent stacked object proxies :) The
TurboGearsController will work like TurboGears 1.0 controllers in that
methods return dicts and those dicts are passed into the namespace of
the template.

> I have long thought about making a TG-style dispatcher for Pylons.
> It's great that somebody with more expertise has actually done it.

Well, most of the credit goes to Rick Copeland, since he hacked most of
the code for the new controller.

> This reminds me of Quixote, especially the '._q_lookup' method.  Did
> they borrow it from him or did he borrow it from them?

You'll have to ask Rick where he came up with the idea, all I know is
that I find it to be extremely useful!

--
Jonathan LaCour
http://cleverdevil.org