On 6/29/07, Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 6/28/07, Noah Gift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am pretty sure Turbogears riding on Pylons will be on a vengeance to
> > document things correctly and not just the API, but usage scenarios for
> > everything.
>
> Joining forces will make a big difference.  TG and Pylons combined
> probably account for half of the non-Zope Python web applications
> written in the past two years, give or take ten percent, and roughly
> similar for the amount of developer activity.  Having twice as many
> people working on the same codebase and docs rather than two separate
> ones should accellerate developement.  There may still be two wiki
> demos but they'll be able to borrow half their code from each other
> rather than just the look & feel.  Our skills are also complementary.
> TG developers do a better job of documentation and newbie handholding,
> while Pylons has attracted developers who are obsessed with modularity
> and reuse to a greater degree.  (TG developers may doubt this, but
> many people came to Pylons because they found TG more monolithic than
> they liked.)  Nine months till the next PyCon: it'll be exciting to
> see where we're at then, and what sprints we'll be having.

Yes, this is really exciting stuff.  I vote we capitalize on the energy will
it is hot and start making subprojects and delegating things.  One excellent
strategy is to use community user groups like the one I help
organize....http://www.pyatl.org.  Give us some group projects and then do
that same thing for groups throughout the world.  Stuff will get done very
quickly!

Lets face it.  Django has killer documentation!  We could do worse than
emulate that!

--

--
http://www.blog.noahgift.com