On Jul 16, 1:47 pm, Philip Jenvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Chris Perkins wrote:
> > On Jul 15, 4:57 pm, Ben Bangert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> This is a strange issue that appears to happen on windows, go into
> >> the projects dir and run:
> >> python setup.py egg_info
>
> >> And you should be fine.
>
> > OK, thanks.  After doing that I get a different traceback when I do
> > "paster serve":
>
> >   File "i:\python25\lib\site-packages\pastedeploy-1.3-py2.5.egg\paste
> > \deploy\util\fixtypeerror.py", line 57, in fix_call
> >     val = callable(*args, **kw)
> >   File "wln\config\middleware.py", line 33, in make_app
> >     load_environment(global_conf, app_conf)
> >   File "wln\config\environment.py", line 20, in load_environment
> >     config.init_app(global_conf, app_conf, package='wln',
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'init_app'
>
> > Any more tips?
>
> What does your environment.py look like?
>
> What version of Python are you using (2.5 or 2.5.1)?

Python version is 2.5.1.

>From memory (I'm at work, and the problem is on my home computer), my
environment.py contains:

from pylons import config, near the top, and
config.init_app(...), later (as you can see in the traceback I
posted).

It seems to me like the pylons template does not match up with the
pylons code.  The pylons.config module indeed does not contain an
init_app function, but it does contain a Config class that contains an
init_app method.  Perhaps the template was updated too soon to use a
new (not yet released) version of pylons.config?

Chris