I have been looking at different PHP and Python frameworks. The only
Python framework that I have actually toyed with at all, is Django.

I like Python better than PHP, but I think there may be compelling
advantages to PHP when it comes to frameworks. Issues that concerns me
with Python, and Python frameworks, include: hosting, deployment,
configuration and administrative overhead.

I get the impression that Python framework developers just assume the
user has complete control over the server. Those who develop Python
frameworks seem to have little regard for the realities of shared
hosting. System requirements tend to be sky-high: Apache 2.x,
mod_python (latest version), fastcgi (at least), command line access,
PostgreSQL (recommended). Assuming you can meet the system
requirements, you still have server configuration issues such as
setting up the Path, and maybe the .htaccess file.

Then there is the ongoing configuration. I wonder if Pylons is any
better than Django in this regard, or maybe it's not as big an issue
it seems.

For example, as I understand it, in Django:
* The database model has to be manually synced to database from the
command line, anytime any change is made to the database.
* A configuration file has to be created for every application.
* Urls have to be configured in the urls.py file to match the view.
* The webserver has to be restarted every time modify your code - or
touch every file if using fastcgi.

>From what I am gathering, Pylons requires a similar amount of ongoing
configuration. I don't think this amount of configuration is required
by Rails, or the PHP frameworks. Am I wrong about that? And is it
really an issue?