did you ever get the info you needed? if not take a look at this example
code:
class MainController(BaseController):

    def index(self):
        html = '''
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
        <head>
charset=utf-8" />
        <title>multi sel</title>
        </head>

        <form action="main/showData">
            <select name="things" size="5" multiple>
                <option value="thing1">Thing 1</option>
                <option value="thing2">Thing 2</option>
                <option value="thing3">Thing 3</option>
                <option value="thing4">Thing 4</option>
                <option value="thing5">Thing 5</option>
                <option value="thing6">Thing 6</option>
                <option value="thing7">Thing 7</option>
            </select><br />
            <input type="submit" value="submit" />
        </form>
        '''
        return html

    def showData(self):
        things = request.params.getall('things')
        return str(things)

Let me know if you need anymore help
Jose