On Sep 25, 3:57 pm, voltron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1. Can I just use the normal request.params for the other parts of the
> form?

yes. request.params is imho not altered by formencode validation. Make
sure you set allow_extra_fields=True in your schema. Otherwise
additional form fields will raise an error. When setting
filter_extra_fields to False you should find additional fields also in
the validation result.

> 2. The form in question is large, a whole page long, with three multi
> field repeating sets of  data as I described, what would the the
> stacking of the decorators on my controller?

not sure if I understand your question. However, even with sets of
data records only a single decorator will be used on the controller
method that in turn calls a second validator for each record. No
validation decorator stacking is required.

> 3. The ultimate newbie question, do I just "import FormEncode"

import formencode (mind the case)

> at the
> top of the controller where I would be needing it?

if you get along with existing formencode validators it might do the
trick. However, even the rather small example you provided requires
custom validators. In that case you probably want to derive your
validators from FancyValidator, save them in a special file (best
located in the model directory as data format is part of the model)
and include that file in your controller.

/ch