I am on Pylons 0.9.6.1. I see that there have been changes for the
usage of the response object in the controller.

I am new to Pylons and thought I'd start with Authkit implementation
to my current db of users. In the Cookbook example I was following it
uses Response directly and throws a "401" status.

How would I do this with the current implementation?

Current Code:

<code python>
         response.status = "401 Not authenticated"
         return 'You are not Authenticated'
</code>

Tutorial Code:

<code python>
         response = Response('You are not authenticated')
         response.status = "401 Not authenticated"
         return res
</code>

I'm considering custom authentication, but want to be sure I
understand the response object better before moving on.

Thanks,

- Kevin