I'm just going to continue using this post as my personal notepad, and
add a couple more useful resources I've managed to dig up in the last
hour:
http://pythonpaste.org/archives/mindex/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/message/20070307.035711.786edbb1.en.html
http://pythonpaste.org/archives/mindex/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/message/20070306.215339.19920008.en.html

Unfortunately I'm still not 100% sure how paste works, but perhaps
it's OK to leave that as a black box for now.