I searched for "show_button" and found no related posts, so here goes.
I frequently get the following error when working with my project,
using Firebug in Firefox:

show_button is not defined                      prototype.js(line 273)

and the following error content:

show_button is not defined
evalScripts("\n show_button('extra_data_text', 'text version')\n
")prototype.js (line 272)
collect("\n show_button('extra_data_text', 'text version')\n ",
5)prototype.js (line 486)
(no name)("\n show_button('extra_data_text', 'text version')\n
")prototype.js (line 450)
_each(function())prototype.js (line 675)
each(function())prototype.js (line 449)
collect(function())prototype.js (line 485)
evalScripts()prototype.js (line 272)
(no name)()prototype.js (line 1358)
[Break on this error] },

Is this a bug in prototype, or something else that just appears like
one?