On Jun 11, 10:09 pm, "Mike Orr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dispatch to another function via a keyword argument?  I'm not sure
> what that means.

That means...

> The render function takes an engine name or uses
> the default engine, and invokes the corresponding plugin.

which is where my confusion is...

i thought the current functionality was

   default_engine = 'mako'
   def render( template , engine=None ):
         if not engine:
            engine = default_engine
         return  'render using the engine plugin / function / method /
whatever'

but the new functionality is no longer having a render() that wraps
all the plugins/etc like that?