Mike has been talking about the impending deprecations, so I read
though everything on the wiki... and then this posting from january

http://groups.google.com/group/pylons-discuss/browse_thread/thread/256bbefedc07d218/64c3a274e7b03122

I'm a little less-than-enthusiastic to see some of this stuff go.
Most of it is mindless, and many parts like the 'link to remote' were
why I jumped onto pylons - i wanted those dumb little helpers to
faster prototype stuff.

I was wondering what the thoughts would be on creating some sort of
plugin architecture for these different libraries.  they could all be
their own eggs, and support whatever subsets of features that are
appropriate.

90% of the functionality is mindless - but a large portion is useful.

if some sort of pylons standard existed on what 'link_to_remote'
should provide, and how to integrate, i think it would be trivial for
people to maintain for each library and even port to additional js
libraries.

just a thought...