Of course I should not have even mentioned the operating system that
shall not be named, at least if I wanted any replies.

In any case, I'm sailing along just fine after setting up Python 2.6
and then virtualenv 1.3.  Still, I thought it noteworthy for the
careful reviewing of 0.9.7rc3 before it goes final, that the current
go-pylons script linked near the top of the how-to page appears to be
a no-go on Windows under Python 2.6.

Oh wait, here's the same issue being discussed on the python-
virtualenv Google Group, and possibly not even OS-specific.

http://groups.google.com/group/python-virtualenv/browse_thread/thread/ffa736e7a0a9146d

Cheers.