Hello everyone,

I'm really new to Pylons, so could someone please help me clear some of
the confusion with the following stuff?

I'm trying to access global h variable in Pylons 0.9.7, mainly for sake
of getting at url_for function.

But h var seems to be available only in Mako templates and not the
controller code (at least in 0.9.7).

http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Routes+for+people+in+a+hurry
contains example of using h variable without quoting the context, but it
may look like controller code (or routing.py).

So my question is, what is h variable mainly for? Should I use it in
(mainly or only in) templates or are there uses for it in controller
code? If so, how to access it there?

Regards,
mk