On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Ian Bicking <i...@colorstudy.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/30 Kevin Baker <kba...@missionvi.com>
>
>> We have a production server with "--reload" flag off.
>>
>> We would like to have it reload when we update our code, rather than doing
>> a stop start.
>>
>> Is there a way to signal the running pylons process to do a reload?
>>

> The reloader is simply a monitoring process that restarts the subprocess
> when it dies, plus a thread that polls all the files for changes and exits
> the process when it sees a change.  A possible alternative is to use
> --monitor, which uses that monitoring process, and then exit yourself when
> you want to reload.

So are you saying that it is doing a restart when it detects a change... not
just reloading the conf?

If that is the case I guess I can just restart.

I am trying to reload with as little impact on uptime as possible. With
apache I do a /etc/init.d/apache2 reload rather than restart for the same
effect.