On Mar 3, 2009, at 7:14 PM, The Devil's Programmer wrote:

So what I am wondering is, is it possible to use a Django style
routing system with Pylons, and also, why does Pylons want me to add
'Controller' at the end of everything? Can I change this behavior? Why
doesn't Pylons just let the user decide if they want to call their
classes BlaBlaControllerr or not?

It's a convention, you can avoid it and name your controller classes in the module whatever you want by including in the module:

__controller__ = ProfileEditor

etc.

This is a convention, and one that you don't have to retain, its customizeable by subclassing PylonsApp (initialized in your projects config/middleware.py), and changing how it looks up the controller reference. This isn't as complex as you might believe, and the code contains a lot of doc messages to make it easier:
http://pylonshq.com/docs/en/0.9.7/modules/wsgiapp/#pylons.wsgiapp.PylonsApp.find_controller

There's some message on the mail list in the past which also cover this process.

Cheers,
Ben