On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Hans Lellelid <h...@velum.net> wrote:
> Actually, for some browsers, json-rpc reqs simply will not work unless
> the content type is something more "texty".  In these cases, it is not
> a question of making it easier to debug (if anything, I think you'd
> want it to be wrong for production).  We even found one case (ie6?)
> that required content type of text/html or it would puke. Sorry that I
> don't remember the offenders offhand; I'm sure IE6 is on that list,
> but I think maybe older FF and maybe older Safari too?

AFAIK, json-rpc ( http://json-rpc.org/ ) is just a protocol, no need
for special browser support beside XMLHttpRequest and javascript.

And in our site ( http://www.douban.com ), all ajax responses are
served as application/json.  ~60% of visits are from IE6, never heard
from a user saying the ajax not functional.

BTW, don't serve JSON as text/html ( http://jibbering.com/blog/?p=514
) to avoid possible XSS attack.

--
Qiangning Hong