On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Dan <danjac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> WTForms does this already: http://wtforms.simplecodes.com/
>
> It uses the same pattern as Django forms, and might be a bit further
> developed.

That looks pretty elegant. It would obviate FormEncode, htmlfill, and
the form helpers, it looks like.  Are the validators complete?  Not
that FormEncode's validators are easy to use in their semi-documented
state.

Can you use the validators alone without the form?  I use a FormEncode
schema to validate the INI file in environment.py, so that I can make
all exceptions happen at the beginning rather than in unexpected
requests.

If you can make a Pylons tutorial for it, we can consider documenting
it in the next version of Pylons.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>